Judith Butler has been arguably crucial gender theorist of the previous two decades. This edited quantity attracts top foreign political theorists into discussion along with her political theory.
Each bankruptcy is written through an acclaimed political theorist and concentrates on a specific element of Butler's paintings. The e-book is split into 5 sections which mirror the interdisciplinary nature of Butler's paintings and activism:
- Butler and Philosophy: explores Butler’s particular courting to the self-discipline of philosophy, contemplating her paintings in mild of its philosophical contributions
- Butler and Subjectivity: covers the vexed query of subjectivity with which Butler has engaged all through her released history
- Butler and Gender: considers the main tricky quarter, gender, taken by means of many to be basic to Butler’s work
- Butler and Democracy: engages with Butler’s major contribution to the literature of radical democracy and to the critical political concerns confronted by way of our post-cold warfare
- Butler and motion: focuses at once at the query of political enterprise and political motion in Butler’s paintings.
Along with its significant other quantity, Judith Butler and Political Theory, it marks an highbrow occasion for political concept, with significant implications for feminism, women’s reports, gender stories, cultural reviews, lesbian and homosexual reports, queer concept and someone with a serious curiosity in modern American ‘great strength’ politics.
Read Online or Download Judith Butler's Precarious Politics: Critical Encounters PDF
Similar Feminist Theory books
It is a revised variation of Walker's recognized publication in feminist ethics first released in 1997. Walker's e-book proposes a view of morality and an method of moral idea which makes use of the severe insights of feminism and race conception to reconsider the epistemological and ethical place of the moral theorist, and the way ethical conception is inescapably formed by way of tradition and historical past.
Pundits and politicians usually opine at the irrelevance of feminism and the women's move this present day. a few commentators describe the country of feminism as "post-feminist," along both questionable claims of Barack Obama's election as signaling a "post-racial" the USA. glossy Misogyny examines modern anti-feminism in a "post-feminist" period.
Modern theorists use the time period "social development" with the purpose of disclosing how what is purportedly "natural" is frequently at the very least partially social and, extra in particular, how this protecting of the social is politically major. In those formerly released essays, Sally Haslanger attracts on insights from feminist and significant race idea to discover and increase the concept that gender and race are positions inside a constitution of social kin.
Initially released in 1529, the Declamation at the Preeminence and the Aristocracy of the feminine intercourse argues that ladies are greater than equivalent to males in all issues that truly subject, together with the general public spheres from which that they had lengthy been excluded. instead of at once refuting triumphing knowledge, Agrippa makes use of women's superiority as a rhetorical gadget and overturns the misogynistic interpretations of the feminine physique in Greek drugs, within the Bible, in Roman and canon legislation, in theology and ethical philosophy, and in politics.
Extra resources for Judith Butler's Precarious Politics: Critical Encounters
- Download E-books Declamation on the Nobility and Preeminence of the Female Sex (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe) PDF
- Download E-books Feminism's New Age: Gender, Appropriation, and the Afterlife of Essentialism PDF